Arabeya provides eligible applicants all over the world who want to earn international work experience, the opportunity to be granted our Fellowship. Gifted applicants will live in Cairo, enjoy its rich culture and study Arabic, while gaining work experience in the fields of business, digital marketing and administration. Arabeya Fellowships are based on merit and need and are thus highly competitive awards reserved for applicants with special qualifications and interests.
During the Fellowship you will:
- Study 10 hours per week of Arabic language (MSA/ECA) small-group
- Work 20 hours per week in (dependent on needs):
- Digital marketing
- Website maintenance
- Business operations
- Fine tune your intercultural skills
The Fellowship offers:
- Free access to all school Arabic language resources
- Accommodation (a bed in a shared room at our accommodation).
- Airport shuttle service from the airport to the accommodation
- Placement test and Certificate of Education for your Arabic lessons
- Free Wi-Fi access in our centre and at the accommodation.
- Personal and professional development support
The Fellowship can last between 4-12 months depending on the applicant's request and our capacity. Based on the Fellow's professional performance and the school’s needs, Fellowships can be renewed for another six months.
Fellowship applications from all qualified candidates will be considered, however, preference will be given to applicants who fulfil one or more of the following criteria:
- Strong interest to study Arabic language (regardless of the level - from elementary to highly advance).
- Enrolled in a university, studying or specialized in relevant fields such as Middle Eastern Studies, Islamic studies, Business and Management, Digital Marketing, etc.
- Fluency in one of the following languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, or Swedish.
Preferred Job Requirements:
- Very sharp attention to detail and astute proofreading skills
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills in English as well as fluency in one other European language
- Prior experience using all current and emerging social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.) preferred
- Aptitude for metrics, analytics and digital tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, experience with Adobe programs preferred
- Willingness to learn and expand horizons
- Online application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- A letter of recommendation from the university or employer
- Online interview
The applicant much fill in the online application, which can be found here, and submit it with the required documents. After submitting the online application with the required documents, successful applicants will be emailed in order to schedule an online interview with the education manager. Arabeya Fellows for 2017-2018 will be chosen based on our need and capacity, as well as on the applicant's qualifications and interests.
Those who are awarded with the Fellowship will receive a confirmation email with more details on how to continue the process.
The school’s address is: 19 Dr Ahmed Al Hofy (Almansora), Omar Tousson, Ahmed Orabi, Giza, Egypt.
The Fellows will live, work and study at Arabeya’s main branch located in Mohandessin, an upper-middle class neighbourhood to the west of central Cairo. Although Mohandessin does not enjoy the historical backdrop of downtown Cairo where Arabeya’s second branch is located, the leafy suburb offers easy access to a diverse selection of shops, restaurants and cafés. Mohandessin area is a conveniently situated, with easy connections to different areas of Cairo and only a 15-minute taxi ride from central Downtown. Our accommodation is 4 minutes walking distance from our school and 3 minutes walking distance to public transportation. For more details on life in Cairo visit our ‘Life in Egypt’ tab with all the information you will need to prepare for your stay.
Please note that Arabeya has the right to end any Fellowship program immediately in the following cases:
- If the Fellow's rate of absence exceeds one week (more than the regular amount of days off stated in his/her award letter).
- If the Fellow's performance and attitude negatively affects their and other employees’ working process.
- If the Fellow violates the Arabeya policy.